We offer a diverse range of experiences on safari, most of which are our specialty of being off the beaten track so you can experience true wilderness and culture away from the crowds. The below links will give you a glimpse to the segments of trips that we offer. We tailor trips to ensure guests get the experience that they are looking for. To help with ideas for your trip look through the sample itineraries of our popular safaris.
Our Green camp philosophy
Our company was named Dorobo after the Dorobo hunter-gatherer people who, before Maasai immigration, occupied most of the Maasai Steppe. As a company we have embraced part of their lifestyle in our camping methods
- Our camps are nomadic, never spending more then a few days in one campsite thus ensuring that our impacts on the environment are minimal. Other than compostable material, we pack out what we bring in.
- Our lightweight camps mean that we don’t have large water demands with flush toilets that leave behind huge septic waste as permanent camps do.
- Our guest food is mostly pre-cooked in Arusha with almost all ingredients obtained locally. Much of the vegetable produce is sourced from a women’s organic farm in our village.
- Since the start of Dorobo Safaris we have minimized the use of plastic water bottles by providing drinking water from our own borehole in Arusha. The water from our personal well is then filtered through our LifeSaver’s C1 Filter.
- Drinks such as soda and beer are all in returnable bottles.